"It's a sense of "I can" that empowers us to do things that help us expand into the aliveness that is calling every single one of us. If you and I are breathing, life itself is calling to us to expand, to grow, to become, to give, to live fully in this day." ~ Mary Morrissey
I've been fumbling through the week, with a strong spirit and weak body. Spirit saying "I can!" while body's screeching "halt!" Topped today off with a speech therapy session seeming hopeless. Making the decision to go outdoors and wait for the LIFT bus was a wise one. The crispness of the air helped to connect my spirit and body in a needed way.
All of this cognitive stuff is mind boggling. LOL! More and more I am aware that tools are so helpful for my success. Therefore also for the success of the projects I set out to do and the people interactions that are a part of it all.
"A great practice is to simply say ‘up until now I haven't been able to, but starting now I am going to look for ways I can.’" ~Mary Morrissey
ew... ah! "ways I can"... feeling it now.
Been such a struggle with trying to be "normal" .. I know, don't think in terms of "normal", yada yada. However, it can be way too distressing to try to appear that all is fine while sliding into the heap pile.
So the other day I said to a friend, "hey... can I share a little something with you?" and I did. It was a small silly ditty of a challenge of mine, and it let out a huge relief for both of us! There are some things that are relatively small challenges, however with energy spent trying to cover them up, often 5 things will go awry. So sharing just 3 simple things, we had this truly great conversation about all of these miscommunication between us and spent almost 10 solid minutes in hysterical laughter. What a very simple "way" to say/see I "can"!
Yet in a world where we profess that differences are okay, and then those differences are problematic because they are non-traditional ways of doing things, it creates a quandary. The inner struggle of keeping it all hidden as it seems to be growing, seems so counterproductive. Truly folks.. IT IS HILARIOUS if you can just get over the absurdities!
I'm going to have to let go of the proclaimed acceptances and just be me. It's far too damning and destructive to try to build outward bridges, when the inward ones are crumbling. I know that for some this will be unacceptable, and so be it. There is a certain sense of "professionalism" that must be maintained at all costs in the streamline.
"I can" and I'll be utilizing a few new ways in my "canning" process.
After I wrote this I went to FB feed. A friend shares this youTube... India Arie - Beautiful Flower
Letting go, so "I can"!...
"just sayin' "
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment