Friday, August 7, 2009

The Swamps

When drudging through the swamps, sometimes croaking seems the most appropriate. Croaking as in the "sound" of course. Next swamp step must take me quickly back on course with the philosophy of "what do you want?"

It's okay to have that first "croaking" expression. It allows the frustration residue out of the body allowing me to move forward. Pretending that I never get frustrated, well let's just say it creates a build up resentment and not where I truly want to be!

Having a number of situations change recently, where things are out my reach, it's a bit of a croaking season. And then just when I'm certain I will never find my way out of the swamp, voila! Good things happen. There is that inner struggle at times that says "yeah, but". Those are the very moments where opportunity presents itself to say YES! to where I want to be headed and I propel the warts of my negative thoughts into leaping towards movements that will lead me to the isle of refuge from the swamp.

The beauty of gifts and blessings is that I find that there need not be an "isle" in the swamp, there truly is solid ground on the other side. It's a gift to plant on solid earth, entering the other side into "living green".

No comments: