Monday, July 13, 2009

In Action

Today is a day of action! There are medical appointments, organizational deadlines and an important meeting to present at this evening. In another day and time, this may have been a very traumatic morning of preparation. For today I am basking in clarity and focus.

Of course, this is amidst the ongoing challenges of short term memory loss, single task mode, and a host of health conditions that are still dragging me down. The SUCCESS is in finding ways that allow it all to come together despite it all.

It's working! I have a number of things I've identified that allow me to move methodically, in a relaxed manner and stay free from the frantic panic. The components I'm using are...

Health First...

Cleanse the body with consistent oxygen...

breathe
drink water
breathe
drink water
I am so astounded at just how important this is! When I miss either of these components, it all falls apart!

Provide nutrition to support the body...

healthful meal planning and sticking with the plan

Then there are all of the other planning components, and the GREATEST of these is care of the body to support doing anything else!

Yesterday was fabulous! Severe sound sensitivity made a family gathering challenging. Despite that I was able to spend hours of organizing a huge amount of items and boxes and all the while, keeping the focus on each item to keep clear from looking at everything simultaneously avoiding a huge potential overwhelm.

You know you're working it when others start to be amazed at your ability to move on.
NOTE: I said "move on", not "press on". This is so NOT about pushing through the pain.

It's about awareness and mindfulness.

in Awe....

I A.M.

I = Awareness and Mindfulness


No comments: