Sunday, July 5, 2009

Visual Distractions

Way too much visual distraction for me this morning! Hardly seems like a gift or a blessing!

So, how do I fix it? I had to ask for help this morning. As much as I try not to, sometimes I find that it is best for myself and those around me if I ask for 10 minutes of help so that things can turn around quickly for us all.

When asking for help, it's important to assess:
Can I do this alone?
If I do this alone, will it help the desired outcome?

The blessing is in taking the time to assess, and to answer truthfully.
The gift is in being able to do the task at hand myself and equally a gift is receiving the help.


Did I do this gracefully this morning? It was not clear to me at all how I could change the frustration....it's okay Mara, it's Just a Behavior.

This is the importance of writing about Gifts and Blessings.
Identify blessings.
Identify gifts.
Finding solutions that allow for the gratitude of accepting them both.
Assessment is key in resolving visual over-stimulation for me.

Click Mara!

Now for the treat of a nice stroll out in the open air and allowing the wind to bathe my face and hair, the green spectrum to wash away any tension left overs.
Visual calmness in nature, going to a nearby assisted living where they have beautiful plants, ponds, greenery.

Awe, I am now free to be glad for this day!


Today?
A Gift and a Blessing
.

No comments: