Years of "To Do" lists. They are everywhere!
So the first thing I set out "to do" this morning is make my "it's done!" list. I realize that the visual message I send to myself with all of these lists is DO.. Mara DO, do more, there's a lot to do and if you were successful you would get ALL of your "to do's" completed!
Urgent pause....
If success is completing all of the "to do's" and there are "to do's" every day, then every day, my page looks unsuccessful. And the reality is that I DO accomplish things. And I could accomplish more if I spent more time "doing" AND taking breaks and resting if I spent a little less time Creating and Reading those "TO DOs".
I now have a 2 column page. Column 1 is the IT'S DONE list and column 2 is the TO DO list.
So far in 2 hours I've completed more IT'S DONES than TO DOs. Sidetracked? Not really. I found that there were smaller tasks that needed to be done to accomplish the larger ones.
I AM Successful and more content with my day so far.
Because...
I am I work I can I work I do I work I will I work I rest I am
And the greatest of these is the first and the last.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment